1. Someone who presents a message of some sort (as a petition or an address or a check or a memorial etc).
2. An advocate who presents a person (as for an award or a degree or an introduction etc).
3. A person who introduces a radio or television show and links the items in it.
1. A person who acts as host at a formal event, making the welcoming speech and introducing other speakers.
2. A performer who conducts a program of varied entertainment by introducing other performers to the audience.
3. Host of a formal event or host of an entertainment program who functions as leader of the ceremonies by introducing the various entertainments or acts and maintaining a running patter or commentary between them.
1. A person who receives or entertains guests, esp. in his own home
2. the organization or country providing the facilities for a function or event.
3. the compere of a radio or television programme .
4. A person who invites guests to a social event (such as a party in his or her own home)
and who is responsible for them while they are there.
1. A person who conducts a TV program featuring music videos.
2. One who announces, plays, and provides commentary on videotaped programs, especially music videos, as on television or at a discotheque.